Spasm or cramps a sudden involuntary muscular contraction or convulsive movement, if painful means excessive and prolonged contraction of muscle. When it occurs in involuntary muscles of internal organs such as gut then pain is called colic. The most common cramps that affect voluntary, consciously controlled muscles are with over exercise induced cramps or very cold temperatures, dehydration, any muscles irritation, heat cramps and night-time leg cramps. When there is a muscle cramp, and if Heat applied literary brings quick relief.
Normally, cramps caused by an imbalance of electrolytes (sodium, calcium, magnesium or potassium), or insufficient blood flow to the muscle or lack of water. If someone is prone to cramps at night in lower extremities may try wearing warm socks to have quick relief or wrap something stiff cloth on calf only! The pain impulse travels to the spinal cord that responds by sending back impulses that create excess pain.
Otherwise nutrients modifications that helps:
- Electrolytes (Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium) helps control the chemical balance of the body. Watercress is good source of calcium. And carrot is for potassium whereas beet greens are good sources of sodium.
- Make it a practice to drink more water, as it is an essential nutrient. Muscle cramping during hot weather after body conditioning is often due to dehydration.
- One should dilute fruit and vegetable juices with water particularly if to drink after exercise or if to take them to relieve cramps.
- Rest, stretching the muscles and rubbing the affected area will relieve the cramp.
- Sweating, drink more plain water.
- Vitamins B-complex may help to improve circulation.
- Vitamin C helps to improve circulation that reduces the cramps. Red pepper, kale, collard greens are good source of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E has the properties to relieve the pain at nighttime in legs and foot cramps, abdominal muscle cramps, rectal cramps. And one could find out vitamin E in asparagus, carrot and spinach.
TriOrigin acupuncture methods, from the simplest to complex ones, are self-sufficient for coping with pain and obtaining a stable remission even through the method in a natural way of treatment. The effective and fast acting in treatment of cramps or spasm is eight energy therapies in the structure of liver meridian. The traditional theory of energy concept of eight ki or triorigin states that vital energy is the animating force behind life, the cosmic forces of Nature, and is the root of all things. It is said that if one stays in touch with the vital energy, one’s life will be healthy in all its phases!
The contents herein are for education purposes and do not necessarily reflecting those of medical education resources, may take professional advise if need be, otherwise it is self-sufficient to cope-up with the syndrome.
https://triorigin.me ‘Dr Dinesh kapur’