OBESITY hypoventilation syndrome (OHS) also known as pickwickian syndrome a condition that occurs in severely obese people who fail to breathe rapidly enough, where poor breathing leads to lower blood oxygen levels and higher blood carbon dioxide levels in blood. Many during sleep having obstructive sleep apnea, awake at night that leads to continual sleepiness in daytime. The disease puts an extra strain on heart, which gradually leads to symptoms heart failure, or such as leg swelling and various other complications. The effective way to over come the syndrome is to cut obese! OHS is distinct from other sleep related breathing disorders although overlap may exist.
Causes: Most patients with the syndrome having a form of sleep apnea. IT is believed to result from both a defect in brain’s control over breathing, and excessive weight (due to obesity) against chest wall, which makes it hard for a person to take a deep breath. As a result, blood has too much carbon dioxide and not enough oxygen. People with such are often tired due to sleep loss; poor sleep quality, and chronic hypoxia. Hypoventilation occurs when level of alveolar ventilation is insufficient to meet metabolic needs that is characterised by rise in arterial carbon dioxide CO2 tension, normally measured from arterial blood gases. To maintain adequate ventilation relies on capacity of respiratory muscles, load that is placed on these muscles and adequacy of central drive to breathe.
Excess (morbid) obesity is the main risk factor.
- Decreased exercise tolerance and chest pain occur
- Depressed central ventilator control
- Excessive daytime sleepiness or interrupted sleep
- Falling asleep during the day
- Heart murmur due to blood leaking through tricuspid valve, hepatomegaly (an enlarged liver), ascites and leg edema
- Hypertension and headaches can happen that worsen condition in morning
- Increased risk for accidents or mistakes at work
- Low oxygen level leads to excessive strain on heart as fluid may accumulate in legs in the form of edema, swelling and in abdominal cavity in the form of ascites
- Neuro hormonal effect
- Obstructive sleep apnea, condition characterized with snoring, brief episodes at night
- OHS elevated blood levels of carbon dioxide that causes drowsiness CO2 narcosis may worsen sleepiness. High carbon dioxide can also cause headaches, which further tend to worsen in morning
- Symptoms of low blood oxygen level (chronic hypoxia) can also occur, such as shortness of breath or feeling tired after very little effort
- Tightens the small blood vessels in lungs to create an ideal distribution of blood through the lungs that causes to increase pressure on pulmonary artery hypertension, which in turn extra strain on right ventricle, part of the heart that pumps blood to the lungs
Prognosis: Untreated, it can lead to serious heart and blood vessel problems, severe disability, or death. It is further associated with a reduced quality life, which often associate the condition such as asthma, diabetes, and heart failure.
TriOrigin a powerful tool that aids in strengthening the immunity! Obesity is also known to increase risk of needing a knee replacement, but a new study finds that knee replacement surgery may also raise a person’s risk of gaining weight, according to a U.S. study. So, take proper initiative before opting! Clinical analysis confirms that TriOrigin ‘colors’ acupuncture may be effective option without having any side effect as concept is only on palm. It has been proven those who were not successfully treated through conventional western medicine, several conditions can dramatically be improved including OHS. Therapy itself caters to the need of individuals’ basis with the modalities either through fine micro needles to put only 1mm on hands upper skin layer or colors or seeds or through self energy flow techniques! Aim is to promote health and ease sufferings. Give a Try! Treatment can be tailored to individual’s needs.
https://triorigin.me/ ‘Dr.Dinesh kapur’
Believe in the CURE!